Click To Expand Menu [ + ]

Town Clerk Services

Town Clerk

Select a Department

Veterans Services

Veteran's discharge records may be filed at no charge in the Town Clerk's Office, and under some circumstances, may serve to qualify for tax relief with the Assessor's Office.

Anyone who wants to claim an exemption from local property tax for service during periods of war may apply to the Assessor's Office for an exemption. Once approved and accepted, the discharge papers are filmed and filed in the Town Clerk's Office. Any town resident who served in the military during a non-war period may wish to file their discharge records with the Town Clerk's Office for safekeeping.

Veterans applying for jobs with the City of Hartford are advised to complete and submit the Veterans Preference Form with their application.

The State of Connecticut also offers many services to veterans. The Governor's Veterans Cabinet contains information on education, jobs, heath care and other services for returning Connecticut veterans, and in June 2012, Connecticut's Step-Up Program was expanded to to help former military personnel find new employment.

Additional information on opportunities and services available to veterans can be found at the US Department of Veterans Affairs.

HARTFORD CITY HALL ADDRESS: 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103 PHONE: (860)757-9311 HOURS: 8AM - 5PM