Inland Wetlands Agency

Inland Wetlands Agency

Expand Inland Wetlands Agency Menu [ + ]

Select a Department

Inland Wetlands Agency

CLP Wetland 3 Mitigation Area

The City of Hartford's Planning and Zoning Commission is designated as its Inland Wetlands Agency. The Agency meets at the same time as the Planning & Zoning Commission. The Wetlands Agency has all the powers that are granted to it by law. (Code 1977, § 27-5)

For IWWC agendas and meeting minutes please visit the Planning and Zoning page by clicking here.

If you are conducting a “regulated activity” in a wetland area, you will need a wetland permit. A regulated activity is defined as: "Draining, dredging, excavation, or removal of soil, mud, sand, gravel, aggregate of any kind or rubbish from any wetland or the dumping, filling or depositing thereon of any soil, stones, sand, gravel, mud, aggregate of any kind, rubbish or similar material, either directly or otherwise, and the erection of structures, driving of pilings, or placing of obstructions, whether or not changing the tidal ebb and flow.”

Wetland Permit Application

City of Hartford's Wetlands Regulations

See the Connecticut General Statutes, section 22a-45, for State Wetlands Regulations.


For more information about wetlands visit:

Connecticut Association of Conservation and Inland Wetland Commissions

Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Inland Wetlands and Watercourses

Click to Expand Menu [ + ]

Planning Contact

250 Constitution Plz
4th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
(860) 757-9040
Office Hours:
8:00am - 5:00pm

HARTFORD CITY HALL ADDRESS: 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103 PHONE: (860)757-9311 HOURS: 8AM - 5PM