Plan an Event

Expand MECA Menu [ + ]

Stay Connected

 0048 Facebook  0046 Twitter 


Select a Department

Plan an Event

MECA division manages the application for special event permit. A special permit is required for any event held on City property, City buildings and/or private property that requires specific City or State permits or authorizations, as well as the use of City services and assets. The special permit is required to ensure the health, safety and welfare of event participants, residents and visitors, and to minimize the financial and legal risks to the Event Organizers (EO) and the City. Special events include parades, sporting events, concerts, theater productions, celebration, outings, weddings ceremonies and fairs, among others. 

Download the event permit application form.

Click to Expand Menu [ + ]

Marketing, Events, and Cultural Affairs Division
250 Constitution Plaza
4th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103

HARTFORD CITY HALL ADDRESS: 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103 PHONE: (860)757-9311 HOURS: 8AM - 5PM