Click To Expand Menu [ + ]

Town Clerk Services

Town Clerk

Select a Department

Civil Union License

You need a civil union license if you are going to enter into a civil union.  A civil union license must be obtained from the CT city/town of residence or from the city/town in which the ceremony is to occur.  If you are already are in a civil union and are looking for a certificate to prove it, please click here.

The couple must appear in person with drivers license or non-drivers photo ID, and social security card (or if non-resident a passport) in our office to apply for the civil union license. If you are here by 4:00 p.m. you may obtain the civil union license the same day. The license is valid for 65 days. The fee is $30.00.

The legal age for civil union in Connecticut is 18. If you are under the age of 18 must have parental consent. Proper identification is required.

We are located at the Municipal Building at 550 Main Street, ground floor, Room 103.

For more information contact the Office of the Town and City Clerk at 860-757-9690.

HARTFORD CITY HALL ADDRESS: 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103 PHONE: (860)757-9311 HOURS: 8AM - 5PM